Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Doris Kienitz the Author ~ East Germany and the Escape: Kitchen Table Memoirs

I have known Doris my whole life. She is one of the kindest and most generous people I know. She operates Zaandi Yoga Studios out of her home near Selkirk. I look forward to my weekly classes with Doris for the calming and relaxing effect it has on me.

I had the great privilege of photographing Doris and John's wedding last September at their home and was thrilled when Doris called to ask me to snap an "author's photo" for her upcoming book "East Germany and the Escape: Kitchen Table Memoirs" due out in November. The book is based on her father's experience in Germany and his eventual escape. It has a lot of historical significance and promises to be a great read. In fact, I had the opportunity to read an early version of the first few chapters and can attest to that fact.
 I am so excited for Doris and can't wait to see her book in print. Above are a couple of shots from our session. I gave her quite a few to choose from so it remains to be seen which one she chooses for the book.
  Best wishes Doris!

No comments:

Post a Comment